Older Posts

June 29, 2013

June Blog Circle - Shallow Depth of Field



Each month I participate in a blog circle with other photographer moms of all levels of photography!  This month's blog circle topic is Shallow Depth of Field. Photographers often shoot with a shallow depth of field, which means that they isolate a small part of the image to be in focus, while creating a nice bokeh (or blur) in the rest of the image. This creates a visual sense of interest for the viewer.

This month I was outdoors and saw that our tiny little garden had 4 yummy looking strawberries! Its unusual I get to pick them before the pesky bugs or animals get to them!

Head over to Carrie's Blog to see her interpretation of this month's theme. Follow the links to see everyone's awesome blogs!









4 comments :

Heather said...

Oh great job!!!! I think the second is my favorite one. Those strawberries look perfect!

Heather Dillon said...

Gorgeous photos - really awesome prop to demonstrate Shallow DOF too - we're winter in New Zealand, so I really miss strawberry's right about now!

Anonymous said...

love how you managd to get so many lovely shots of just a few strawberries- and the light and depth of field us e is wonderful

Carrie Saindon said...

Wow! These are so good!! I love your use of shallow depth of field. And the strawberries look delicious!

Post a Comment